Making support local
The Community Catalysts programme is a partnership, between the council and Community Catalysts Community Interest Company. The programme aims to offer support to local people to set up and run their own business offering help at home for older people and adults with learning disability.
Any support services you offer should:
- Provide personal, flexible and responsive support and care.
- Give local people more choice and control over the support they get.
- Offer an alternative to more traditional services.
To be eligible your community micro enterprises:
- Must have 8 or fewer full-time or unpaid workers.
- Be totally independent of any larger organisation.
Examples of services you can get support with
Examples of services delivered through a community micro-enterprise include:
- Support to keep well, socialise and remain independent
- Support to people living in their own homes
- Short breaks and holidays
- Support to access employment, education and leisure
- Day support and help around the home
- Community groups or activities such as arts and crafts, dancing sessions, exercise classes
- Meal delivery service
Make an enquiry or get support
Contact the Community Enterprise Catalyst (Rochdale Borough) if you want more information on how Community Catalysts can help you set up a new community micro-enterprise or expand your current offer.
Community Catalysts in Rochdale also run a free development programme to help you set up your own community micro-enterprise or help you expand your current offer.