Rochdale has been named as one of the boroughs to receive a new special school.
The new school will be for:
- Children aged 11-19 years old.
- Children with an education, health and care plan for autism or speech, language and communication difficulties.
- 75 students in total with the school filling over the first 2 years.
Where will the new special school be located?
We've not yet selected a location for the new school as we're still investigating potential sites in the borough.
However, Heywood, Middleton or Rochdale Townships would be our preferred location.
What is the next step for the new special school?
We’re currently inviting applications to find an academy trust to open and run our new special school.
How do I apply to manage the new special school?
To apply to manage the new special school:
- Read our specification to make sure your trust can meet the requirements for the new school. Your application won't be successful if you can't meet the criteria outlined in our specification.
- Download and complete the application form on GOV.UK by following the link below. The application form also lists the supporting documents you’ll need.
- Send your completed form and supporting documents to the contact details outlined on the application form. Make sure you send your proposal before the deadline.
Deadline for applications: 12noon, Monday, 30 September 2019.