Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Step 3 - apply for a secondary school place

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Only residents of the Rochdale borough should apply using our online service. If you live in another local authority and you wish to apply for a Rochdale school, you must apply to your own local authority, specifying your preferred Rochdale schools. Your local authority will inform us of your application.​

If you wish to apply for an independent school, you'll need to apply directly to the school for a place, so you don't need to use our application form.

Things to remember when applying online

  • You'll need to register for an account.
  • You'll need a valid email address as part of the registration process.
  • Check you've received the confirmation email, this will prove that the application has been received.
  • Resubmit your application each time you log in to view or make any changes, otherwise your application won't be submitted. You'll receive a re-submission confirmation email each time you re-submit the application.
  • You can get FREE access to computers and the internet​ from any of the libraries across the ​Rochdale borough.
  • The benefits of applying online include: you'll receive confirmation of receipt of your application form and the offer sent to you by email than have to wait for a letter.

​​​​​​​A​​pply for a secondary school place

Year 7 places for September 2018: apply for a year 7 secondary school place between Friday, 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 31 October 2017.

Register for an account and apply for a secondary ​school plac​e​​

Late applications for September 2018: if you're applying for a year 7 school place between Wednesday 1 November 2017 and Friday, 31 August 2018 you'll need to complete a late application form which we'll publish nearer the time.

In-year school transfers: if you wish to apply for a school place at any other time please complete an in-year transfer form. More about in-year transfers.

Step 4 - what happens after you apply for a secondary school ​place​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​


01706 925982

Early Help and Schools​
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU