Only residents of the Rochdale borough should apply using our online service. If you live in another local authority and you wish to apply for a Rochdale school, you must apply to your own local authority, specifying your preferred Rochdale schools. Your local authority will inform us of your application.
If you wish to apply for an independent school, you'll need to apply directly to the school for a place, so you don't need to use our application form.
Things to remember when applying online
- You'll need to register for an account.
- You'll need a valid email address as part of the registration process.
- Check you've received the confirmation email, this will prove that the application has been received.
- Resubmit your application each time you log in to view or make any changes, otherwise your application won't be submitted. You'll receive a re-submission confirmation email each time you re-submit the application.
- You can get FREE access to computers and the internet from any of the libraries across the Rochdale borough.
- The benefits of applying online include: you'll receive confirmation of receipt of your application form and the offer sent to you by email than have to wait for a letter.
Apply for a secondary school place
Year 7 places for September 2018: apply for a year 7 secondary school place between Friday, 1 September 2017 and Tuesday 31 October 2017.
Late applications for September 2018: if you're applying for a year 7 school place between Wednesday 1 November 2017 and Friday, 31 August 2018 you'll need to complete a late application form which we'll publish nearer the time.
In-year school transfers: if you wish to apply for a school place at any other time please complete an in-year transfer form. More about in-year transfers.
Step 4 - what happens after you apply for a secondary school place