Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Step 3 - apply for a primary school place

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Only residents of Rochdale borough should apply using our online service. If you live in another local authority and you wish to apply for a Rochdale school, you must apply to your own local authority, specifying your preferred Rochdale schools. Your local authority will inform us of your application.​

If you wish to apply for an independent school, you'll need to apply directly to the school for a place.

Things to remember when applying online

  • Unless you've already registered in a previous year, you'll need to register for an account.
  • You'll need a valid email address as part of the registration process.
  • Check you've received the confirmation email, this will prove that the application has been received.
  • Resubmit your application each time you log in to view or make any changes, otherwise your application won't be submitted. You'll receive a re-submission confirmation email each time you re-submit the application.
  • You can get FREE access to computers and the internet​ from any of the libraries across the Rochdale borough.
  • The benefits of applying online include: you'll receive confirmation of receipt of your application form and the offer will be sent to you by email so you don't need to wait for a letter.

​​​​​​​Apply for a primary school place

Reception places for September 2020: apply for a reception school place between Monday, 2 September 2019 and Wednesday, 15 January 2020.

Register for an account and apply for a primary school place before 15 January 2020

Moving your child to another primary school
: if your child is already in primary school and you'd like to transfer them to a new school, please complete an in-year transfer form. More about in-year transfers.

Children with special educational needs: ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​if your child has an education, health and care (EHC) plan, please use the link above to register for an account and apply for a school place. The application form for applying for a school place for a child with an EHC plan is the same as those applying for a child without an EHC plan. However, the process for choosing and deciding on school places is different. View process for applying for a school place for children with an EHC plan

Step 4 - what happens after you apply for a primary school ​place​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​


0300 303 0340

Phone: Monday-Friday 9am-4.45pm.

Early Help and Schools​
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU