When are my bins collected?
Enter your postcode in the bin collection calendar to find out when your bins will be collected.
What can go in each bin? Which bin should I use?
- Find out what you can recycle in each of the bins. All non-recyclable waste will need to be placed in your dark green bin.
- You can leave additional recycling waste for collection in a suitable container by the side of your recycling bin on your bin collection day.
- Please take additional non-recyclable waste to a
rubbish tip and recycling centre. We treat any waste left next to a dark green bin as
fly tipping and we may have to take action.
- Find out what happens if you put the wrong items in your bin.
What time do I put my bins out?
- You must put your bins out no later than 7am on your collection day.
- If your bins are not available for collection when we visit your property, we will not return until your next scheduled collection date.
Where do I put my bins to be collected?
We recommend you number your bins with your house number to reduce the chances of them going missing. On your collection day you should:
- Make sure your bin lid is down and that all the waste is inside the bin, otherwise we can't collect it.
- Wheel your bins to the collection point with the handle facing the road. For most properties the collection point for your bins is at the kerbside. Some properties will have communal collection points for example; flats, cul-de-sacs, back to back terrace or town houses. If you don't know where your collection point is, please contact us using the contact details on this page.
- Position your bins so they don't obstruct the road, highway or footway.
- Remember to collect them from the same place after they've been emptied to reduce the chances of malicious fires or them being stolen.
What happens if my bins haven't been collected?
- The time your bin is collected can vary. You should, therefore, only report if your bin has not been collected after 5pm on your collection day.
- Before reporting a missed bin it's useful to check if there are any reported
bin collection changes.
- Once you've reported a missed bin we'll let you know whether you need to leave your bin out for collection or what to do next.
How do I request a new bin, get FREE compostable bags and which bins am I entitled to?
We don't charge for household bins unless they're for a new build property, where the builder or developer is responsible for covering the initial cost of the new suite of bins. find out how to request a new bin, report problems with your bin or get additional FREE compostable bags for your kitchen caddy.
What if I need help with my bins?
We can offer you help with moving your bins to your designated collection point if you meet certain conditions.
How can I reduce my waste at home?
A lot of waste is created because we buy more than we need.
Reducing how much you throw away is the most sustainable and environmentally beneficial thing you can do. This is because waste that's not created in the first place doesn't need to be re-used, recycled or disposed of.
View our recycling rates
Thank you to everyone for helping us recycle even more. Our recycling service has helped us to increase our recycling rates.