Report a missed bin or other problems with your bin.
Before you report a missed bin
There can be a number of reasons why your bin wasn't collected. These can include blocked access, vehicle breakdown, adverse weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances.
Before you report a missed bin:
Check to see if there are any reported changes to your bin collection.
- Only report your missed bin if there are no reported changes to your bin collection.
How to report a missed bin
To report your missed bin:
- You'll need to wait until after 5pm on your collection day.
- Follow the link below to report your missed bin.
- Reporting your issue through MyAccount is your faster, safer and more flexible way to access your council services. You'll also have an online record to show you've contacted us.
What happens after you report a missed bin
If you meet the following criteria, leave your missed bin out and we'll aim to collect it within 48 hours:
- You need to have correctly presented the right bin before 7am on the day of collection.
- If your brown food and garden waste bin was missed, you'll also have to meet the following criteria. You must have reported, or we must already have a record of, your bin being missed on one or more consecutive occasions.
If you don't meet this criteria, please bring your bin back in. We won't return to collect it until your next scheduled collection day. If your bins are full, you may want to dispose of your waste for FREE at one of our
waste and recycling centres (tips).
We're working on updating the 'what next' section on the report a missed bin collection form as soon as possible. In the meantime, please read the information on this page to see what happens after you report a missed bin.
Reporting other problems with your bin
Please use the contact details on this page if you wish to report other problems with your bin.