How to dispose of your unwanted bulky items
You can pay to use the council's bulky waste collection or you may consider one of the following alternatives:
Organisations can collect your waste at home but they must be licensed. We suggest you ask to see the licence of anyone you're hiring. If waste is illegally dumped and traced back to you, you could be held responsible. You can check the licence details at The Environment Agency Public Register of registered waste carriers, brokers and dealers
Request a council household bulky waste collection
We aim to collect items you've reported on your normal collection day and within one week of your booking. It may take us slightly longer around bank holidays, Easter and Christmas when we're especially busy. We'll contact you within 2 working days to take payment and as we use an appointment system we'll let you know the date we'll collect your unwanted items.
Please note we are unable to assist residents prepare items for collection.
(MyAccount is your faster, safer and more flexible way to access your council services.)
Items we collect and how much it costs
- General household items: up to 3 items £19.80, includes mattresses, bed frames, bed headboards, carpets, armchairs, settees. £5 per additional item.
- Fridges and freezers: £29.80 per item.
- Washing machines: £29.80 per item.
- Cookers: £29.80 per item.
- Dishwashers: £29.80 per item.
- Other large electrical items: up to 2 items £29.80. £5 per additional item.
- Small electrical items: up to 5 items £29.80, includes music systems, microwaves, TVs. £5.96 per additional item.
Please ring us using the contact details on this page to discuss any other household bulky waste items you would like us to collect.
Items we don't collect
We don't collect fluorescent tubes, gas bottles, concrete posts, car or motorbike parts, trees or asbestos. You'll need to bring any household asbestos to our facilities wrapped up in heavy duty plastic wrapping such as household rubble sacks that can be bought from supermarkets. We cannot accept unwrapped asbestos and advise you take these items to your local
Household Recycling Centre.
Contact us using the details on this page if you've items that aren't listed on this page as we'll need to speak to you or visit you to determine whether we can remove them.
Businesses need to make their own arrangements for removing bulky waste.
When and where to leave your items
Let us know using the online form where you'll be leaving your items on collection day. When we arrange a convenient collection date with you, we'll indicate the time we'll collect the items you've requested. Please keep them on your property if possible, as we're not able to pick them up from inside your house or garage.
To enable the potential reuse of your items, please only put them out on the collection day to avoid them getting damaged or becoming unusable.
Cancellations, amendments and refunds
If you cancel or amend your booking within 48 of your collection date you'll receive a full refund.
No refund will be given if
- You don't give us the correct notice period to amend or cancel your booking; or
- Your collection can't be completed for example if the items are not presented, presented in such a way that means we cannot safely collect them or if we can't gain access.
Use the contact details on this page to get in touch.
What we do with the bulky waste we collect
Where possible we recycle bulky waste items by setting aside good quality items for people who are looking for affordable furniture in their home.