Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Infectious diseases

We investigate notifications of infectious diseases from GPs, the public, businesses and other local authorities.

It's the responsibility of the registered medical practitioner who makes the diagnosis to notify the Public Health England Centre.

What disease should be reported?

For guidance about specific infectious diseases:

How do I report an infectious disease?

Members of the public should contact their own GP or NHS 111 for advice on personal health or family health issues. Information is available from GOV.UK for health professionals.


Related pages


0300 303 8871

Phone: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm.
Closed for training Monday 11am-11.30am.

Public Protection Service​​
Number One Riversid​e​
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU