If you have a pest infestation you can arrange a pest control visit. All treatments in domestic property must be paid in advance of treatment.
Unfortunately we can't treat pigeons, foxes, woodlice and slugs.
We don't offer treatments for bees or flies. Bees are an endangered species so we'd always recommend exploring all other avenues before considering eradication.
|Treatment or service||Cost|
|Rats and mice||Free of charge|
Public health pests|
(Cockroaches, fleas, bedbugs)
- 1 bedroom £59
- 2/3 bedroom £75
- 4/5 bedroom £91
- 6 bedroom £104, + £15 per extra room
- 1 bedroom £75
- 2/3 bedroom £91
- 4/5 bedroom £107
- 6 bedroom £123.90, +£17.85 per extra room
Wasps and ants||£59|
Squirrel treatment (3 visits)||£126|
Call out charge (if treatment inappropriate)||£41|
Re-booking fee (to change time of appointment)||£24|
Cancellation of appointment||£23|
|Treatment or service||Price (including VAT)|
Public health pest (rats, mice, cockroaches, fleas, bedbugs, dermestes spp. beetles etc)||£103 per hour|
£71 per nest (advance payment)
£116 per nest (with invoice)
Other non-public health pests (ants, squirrels 3 visits)||£103 per hour|
Mole treatment||Quote will be given on assessment.|
Recognising pests and risks
Ants or cockroaches
- If you see any roaming on your floor.
- If you see them dead in the cupboards and cabinets.
- If you find cockroach manure which are bits of dark sand and are a greasy matter which are often found in cabinets.
- If you find any on piled garbage, exposed food and sink water or water on dirty dishes.
Cockroaches can carry bacteria such as E. Coli and salmonella on their bodies, which can contaminate food, cooking equipment and food surfaces.
The presence of ants means that there's the potential for food contamination.
Bedbugs or fleas
- Bites on the torso with a red centre could mean that you have bedbugs.
- Bites on the leg, around the ankle and feet are normally from fleas.
- Tiny blood stains on your bed clothes.
- Look inside mattress folds, creases, zippers for tiny insect of black specks of their faeces.
Typically biting human beings, fleas can cause itchy, unsightly marks as well as severe allergic reactions.
- Bees don't cause any problems to your property, and nor are you in danger of being stung if they are left alone and unprovoked.
- After the summer season the bees will go away and not return to the nesting site the following year. By the time a colony has become obvious its activity will be about to decline naturally.
- Generally, colonies formed in spring usually decline naturally by late July, if not sooner. Whenever possible, bee nests should be left alone to thrive as their presence is actually beneficial for gardeners and their crop.
The honey bee leaves its barbed sting inside you then dies, it's important to remove the barb to stop infection setting in.
Bumble bees don't have barbed stings and can sting you many times if they want to. Bumble bees aren't aggressive and are unlikely to sting unless provoked.
Bee stings are painful, but unless you have an allergy to bees, they're unlikely to cause serious damage. Bee and wasp venoms are different and people who are allergic to wasp venom are rarely allergic to bee venom.
More advice and information on Bee stings
- Flies are more prevalent in warmer weather.
- They can be seen flying or settling both indoors and outdoors.
- Often attracted to waste products.
|Flies can be a nuisance and potentially cause harm spreading diseases like salmonella and e-coli. They can also contaminate food and some bite humans or animals. We don't offer treatments for flies however, there are ways you can prevent and treat them at home. They can be prevented by:
- Strict hygiene and cleanliness of kitchens and dustbins; consider doing a thorough deep clean.
- Disposing of all household rubbish (especially food waste) quickly.
- Fitting dustbins with tight lids.
- Keeping dustbins away from doors and windows.
- Always covering meat and other foods.
There are a number fly products to install and use around the home such as fly papers, fly traps, fly sprays an fly screens (an invisible mesh to prevent flies entering your house). Always read the label and product information before use.
Rats and mice
- Holes gnawed through food wrappers, boxes, sacks and external doors.
- Shredded scraps of paper used for nesting.
- Gnawed chair and table legs.
- Small black elongated droppings found where they are feeding or active.
- Nibbled scraps around dustbins and vegetable or fruit stores.
Rodents contaminate food and carry bacteria that can easily be transmitted to livestock, pets and humans. This bacteria causes anything from food poisoning to the sometimes fatal diseases.
We provide free rodent treatments for domestic properties because of the health risks associated with these pests.
- Chewed wiring or cables.
- Trees with bark stripped from them.
- Possible noises in the roof area.
- A wasps' nest is usually grey or beige in colour and often found in rooftops, cavity walls, sheds, trees and flowerbeds.
- Wasps are bright yellow with black stripes and smooth.
- They have a high pitched buzz and are attracted to all things sweet.
You won't have an allergic reaction after your first sting by a wasp, but you can develop a serious allergic reaction (also known as an anaphylactic reaction) after one or more stings have "sensitised" your system.
More advice and information on Wasp stings