Please help us by giving detailed information about the problem. For example, tell us if the light is out altogether, going on and off, burning all day or intermittent and include the number of the column if you can. If you can't see this then please state the exact location or adjacent house number.
What are urgent problems?
Urgent problems with street lights, illuminated signs or bollards are:
- Columns or posts knocked down
- Doors off equipment
- Exposed electrical wires
- Damage or defect resulting in a risk to public safety, for example part of the lighting apparatus hanging loose or a column likely to fall over
- Damage or defect to the lighting apparatus that could potentially damage property
- More than 3 consecutive street lights out
- Damage to a lighting column, illuminated traffic sign or bollard after a road traffic accident
Search for an existing fault on Lighting Up Oldham & Rochdale - find existing and completed faults in the Oldham and Rochdale areas.
What are the repair times?
We usually attend outages within 5 working days, unless we're really busy or the weather is bad. For problems with the electricity cable feeding the column, we notify the utility who'll attend after getting our report. We'll come out to assess the damage to leaning or damaged lamp columns and determine how urgent the job is.