Get the latest flooding updates
We aim to update this page with the latest information.
How to report a flood or burst water mains
The type of flooding will determine which organisation is responsible and who you need to report this to.
Power cuts and electrical issues
You can call 105 to report or get information about power cuts in your local area. You can also call 105 if you spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put you, or someone else, in danger. If there's a serious immediate risk, you should call the emergency services, too.
You should call your electricity supplier for any other issues, for example if you're having metering or boiler problems.
Roadworks and road closures
Sometimes, the police may have to close a road due to flooding. Our roadworks page lists current and planned road closures across the borough.
Contact your school directly to find out about school closures.
Any library items due back during periods of closure will
not be subject to overdue fees. There are many library services you can access online including renewing items -
view library services.
Your Trust (Link4Life) and leisure service updates
Get the latest leisure service updates on the Your Trust website.
Christmas and New Year office closures and opening times
Most non critical services close at 5pm on
Friday, 22 December 2017 and reopen at 9am on
Tuesday, 2 January 2018.
If you have any emergencies please contact us.
Our emergency phone line will be staffed throughout the holidays
The contact centre will close at 6pm on Friday, 22 December 2017 and will also be closed on Bank Holidays.
If you're phoning us about a non-urgent enquiry, the contact centre will be open from 8am to 4pm on Wednesday 27, Thursday 28 and Friday 29 December 2017.
Contact centre numbers.
There WILL be changes to waste and recycling collection dates over Christmas. We will also collect any extra waste recycling, for more details see the
bin collection changes.
Household Waste Centres (Chichester Street, Rochdale and Spring Vale, Middleton) are open every day apart from Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Number One Riverside
Number One Riverside will close for customers at 5.40pm on Friday, 22 December 2017 and reopen at 9am on Tuesday, 2 January 2018.
Customer Services and libraries
Our customer service points are open as usual up to Friday, 22 December 2017. Our libraries will be open until Saturday, 23 December 2017 as follows:
- Rochdale Central Library open between 9.30am-2pm
- Heywood Library open between 9.30am-1pm
- Middleton Library open between 9am-1pm.
- All other branches are open 9.30am-12.30pm
Libraries and customer service points will then close over the Christmas period and reopen on Tuesday, 2 January 2018. View our
usual library opening times and
customer service point opening times.
Link4Life leisure centres and entertainment venues
- Main Link4Life leisure centres including Heywood Sports Village, Middleton Arena and Rochdale Central Leisure – together with Touchstones Arts and Heritage Centre in Rochdale, open every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day although on some days opening hours will be reduced.
- Marland Golf Course will be open every day except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Hollingworth Lake Activity Centre will be closed on Thursday, 21 December 2017 and re-open on Tuesday, 2 January 2018.
Find swimming pool opening times
Link4Life centres: use the contact details below if you need to contact a centre.
- Arts & Heritage Resource Centre: 01706 641085
- Bowlee Park Sports Centre: 0161 643 4907
- Heywood Civic Centre: 0300 303 8633
- Heywood Sports Village: 01706 924000
- Hollingworth Lake Activity Centre: 01706 370499
- Kingsway Park Sports Centre and Athletics Arena: 01706 750894
- Littleborough Sports Centre: 01706 927560
- Marland golf course: 01706 649801
- Middleton Arena general enquiries and bookings: 0161 662 4000, Box Office: 0300 303 8633
- Rochdale Leisure Centre: 01706 926000
- Touchstones Rochdale: 01706 924492, visitor information centre: 01706 924928
Fitness membership enquiries
- Heywood Sports Village: 01706 927202
- Littleborough Sports Centre: 01706 927560
- Middleton Arena: 01706 923170
- Rochdale Leisure Centre: 01706 92420
Hollingworth Lake visitors centre, cafe and toilets are open every day except Christmas day, 9.30am to 5pm.
Children and Family Centres
Sure Start Children’s Centres are open as usual up to Thursday, 21 December 2017 (please check December timetables for the individual centres) and then closed - with the exception of well-baby clinics and pre-booked ante-natal/post-natal appointments - until Tuesday, 2 January 2018. View our Sure Start Children Centres opening times.
Children’s Social Care Services will continue to operate throughout and can be contacted on 0300 303 0440. To report a concern about a child or adult outside of working hours, at weekends or during Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 303 8875. If it’s an emergency, dial 999 and ask for the Police.
Adult Social Care Services
Adult Social Care will continue to deliver most services for vulnerable people throughout the Christmas period. This includes home care and residential care services.
If you need to contact us, staff will be available to answer your calls as usual on normal working days.
if you urgently need to speak to someone about a council social care service during the Christmas and New Year period, outside normal working hours (including on Christmas day and the other bank holidays) you can call 0845 121 2975.
Public toilets are closed on Monday, 25 December 2017 and open every other day (including New Year's Day) as usual.