Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Services affected in severe weather

This page lists services affected in severe weather. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Page last updated: 9.13am, Thursday, 31 January 2019

Get the latest updates

You can also keep up-to-date with information on our social media channels Follow us on Twitter @RochdaleCouncilLike us on Facebook


Please ring our Contact Centre for any emergencies relating to council services.

Bins and waste collections

Check for any changes to bin collections.


You can call 105 to report or get information about power cuts in your local area. You can also call 105 if you spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put you, or someone else, in danger. If there's a serious immediate risk, you should call the emergency services too.

You should call your electricity supplier for any other issues, for example if you're having metering or boiler problems.


Contact your school directly to find out about school closures.

Libraries and customer service centres

Any library items due back during periods of closure will not be subject to overdue fees. There are many library services you can access online including renewing items - view library services.


We have emergency arrangements in place due to the cold weather.


Get the latest leisure service updates on the Link4Life website.

Roadworks and road closures

We have a number of current and planned roadworks, and road closures across the borough. You can also view our programmed road improvement schemes.