The library is open during the following hours, we're closed on bank holidays.
- Books in large print.
- Children's area.
- Audio books.
FREE public WiFi.
- Study area.
- Local history resources.
Activities at the library
- Bookstart Bear Club for the under 5s, 9.30am-10.30am
- Creative Writing workshop, 1pm-3pm (every second Monday of the month)
- Tea and Chat, 2pm-3.30pm (alternate Mondays)
- IT Training Sessions, 2pm-3pm and 3pm-4pm
- Knitting and cross-stitch 2pm-3.30pm (alternate Mondays)
- Boxing 4.30pm-6pm
- Yoga, 9.30am-10.30am
- RVS Together for older people, 11am-12.30pm
- Health Trainers Session, 1.30pm-3.30pm
- Community Group, 2pm-4pm
- IT Training Sessions, 10am-11am and 11am-12noon
- Local councillors surgery 9.30am-10.30am (every fourth Saturday of the month)
Events in our libraries
We have lots of special events and activities taking place in our libraries across the borough.
Bookstart Bear Club sessions
Bookstart Bear Club sessions inspire a love of reading that will give children a flying start in life.
IT training sessions
Knowing how to use a computer and the internet can help make life a lot easier, you can join our free IT courses whatever your skill level. From starting with a keyboard and mouse, email to shopping online and much more.
Lots of people enjoy discussing books with other readers, many of our libraries host reading groups.
Find a reading group near you.
How to get there
Heywood OL10 3RY
0300 303 8876