Can't return your library books before the due date? Renew them online to avoid incurring any
You'll need your library card and pin number to renew your loans online.
I can't remember my pin number? Email my pin number
Want a reminder to renew your books? Make sure we have your correct email address so we
can remind you. We no longer send reminders by post.
If an item is more than 6 months overdue and you don't contact us, we will assume that you've lost it and will send a bill to your email address.
Other ways to renew
Phone renewals: 0300 303 8876, Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm. We're closed for training on Monday between 11am-11.30am. You'll need your library card number when you ring.
You'll be able to find out:
- The due date of your books and items.
- Any messages on your library account.
- Any items you can renew, unless someone else has reserved it.
Renewals at your library: You don't have to bring the items back to the library when you want to
We will ask to see them after a few renewals, as we need to check them.
If somebody else has reserved an item we will ask you to return it so that they can have it.
Library loans that can't be renewed
- Items reserved by others.
- You can renew a loan up to 10 times. Once you've reached that limit you'll need to bring the items back to the library for checking.
- You may be able to borrow them again immediately, depending on demand.