Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Tree problems

The location or type of tree problem will determine whether you need to report the problem to us or elsewhere. 

Tree problems we DON'T deal with

We DON'T deal with trees that:

  • Are not causing any physical damage - there's no legislation in place that can be used to enforce the tree owner to have their tree pruned or felled. Conifers are broadly covered in the high hedges bill, but there is no criteria for using this legislation.
  • Are causing a problem simply because they are tall. A tree is not classed as dangerous just because it's tall.
  • Grow on private land.
  • Cause problems with TV reception or solar panels.
  • Block light.
  • Drop honeydew or leaves onto cars or property.

What you need to do:

  • If you've a complaint about any of the above items you should contact the land owner on which the tree is growing. It's their responsibility to make sure it doesn't cause any damage.
  • If a tree is touching or damaging overhead wires contact BT Openreach

Tree problems we DO deal with

We DO deal with trees that: