Coronavirus (COVID-19): work experience updates
In light of the current situation, we're not currently able to offer work experience placements.
We'll continue to monitor the situation closely, carefully and frequently and will update this website with the latest updates.
Find out about work experience placements with Rochdale Borough Council.
How can I request work experience?
To request a work experience placement:
email@example.com at least 2 months prior to when you'd like to start your work experience.
- In your email include:
- Your name, your age and the name of the school or college you attend.
- Dates when you'd be available for work experience at least 2 months in the future.
- Which council departments you're interested in doing work experience with.
View council departments.
- What type of work experience you're interested in. You can view types of work experience below.
- We'll pass your request on to the departments you're interested in for consideration. We can't guarantee to offer you a placement but we'll try our best.
- We aim to let you know whether we can offer you a placement or not within 6 weeks of receiving your request.
Who can request work experience?
Anyone can request work experience with us. However, we'll prioritise your request if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You're a high school, college or university student.
- You're 19 years old or under.
- You're a UK resident.
What type of work experience can I request?
You can ask for any of the following types of unpaid work experience. We don't usually offer paid work experience placements.
Block placement - usually every day for 1 or 2 weeks
Extended placement - 1 or 2 days a week for a maximum of 6 weeks
Taster days - a half or full day to provide an introduction to the workplace or a particular area of work