We are looking to recruit social workers with a mixture of experience and a genuine passion for working directly with children, young people and their families to improve outcomes across Rochdale. Read about the jobs available and apply online at Greater Jobs – Greater Manchester’s new public service jobs website.
What you can expect
- Supportive senior management and Council Members and the latest technology to support agile working, including a mobile phone and laptop.
- Comprehensive training,
CPD and education programme including secondment opportunities across all Children’s Social Care services.
- Highly competitive salaries for all grades and clear career progression, including a support and mentoring programme to develop and promote managers.
- Manageable caseloads to allow time to effectively assess and reflect on cases and provide quality practice, ensuring better outcomes for children.
- Effective Early Help and MASS (Multi-Agency Screening Service) team and an award-winning dedicated child sexual exploitation team (the Sunrise Team) with positive links and strong working relationships between key partner agencies.
- Reflective supervision policy in place, which sets out that this must be regular, reflective and include professional development as well as case management.
- Home/work life balance is a key priority to ensuring the wellbeing of staff within the council, allowing staff to be innovative with their time with facilities to work from home and other locations where necessary.
Lead the way with us
Rochdale is at the cutting edge of service redesign, where professionals from every agency share information, expertise and work together to ensure the best possible outcomes for the children and young people in the borough.
Our child sexual exploitation innovation programme is just one part of an award-winning partnership in tackling CSE and Ofsted has recognised both our strengths as a learning organisation and our commitment to improving the service at every level.
We have organised our service to follow a child’s journey and this includes having an effective early help and MASS service at the point of entry, dedicated court and child protection teams as well as an integrated cared for children service.
Our success is underpinned by passionate, skilled and empathetic social work teams at the forefront of best practice. We believe that working with you is critical. We actively listen and act on what our staff say in a variety of forums, including working groups and staff briefings.
We are committed to supporting our staff in their continuous professional development and we will work with you to ensure you are placed in the best team to meet your skills and preferences. Our staff and managers have also co-designed a new workforce development programme to promote intervention-led practice across the whole service in 2017.
Quotes from the front line
“Everyone is approachable and there is always someone around who you can seek advice and support from. This is the best part about Rochdale and is one of the main reasons I have stayed.”
“Really welcoming, supportive environment for starting your career in social work – lots of opportunities for learning and developing skills and knowledge.”
- Work in award-winning council offices, overlooking the River Roch with first class facilities including: showers, rest areas, roof top terrace, coffee bar and hi-tech equipment
- Offices located next to the transportation hub for buses and trams which provides a key link to the local surrounding areas and the Greater Manchester region
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Embedded regular supervision including reflective supervision
- Flexible working scheme
- Agile working
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Child care vouchers
- Reduced car parking charges
- Green car purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Public transport travel to work scheme
- Health and wellbeing sessions.
- Leisure centre within a 5 minute walk, with reduced charges for 'active workforce' sessions
- Free employee assistance programme for council staff, plus their family and friends.
- Designated work space
- An excellent career average pension scheme with valuable life cover