What is the Landlord Accreditation Scheme
The Landlord Accreditation Scheme is a free and voluntary scheme for landlords renting in the borough. It allows landlords to demonstrate good property and management standards.
How to join the Landlord Accreditation Scheme
To join the Landlord Accreditation Scheme you'll need to:
- Complete the application form.
- Adhere to the
Code of Standards (1.43MB pdf).
- Send us a copy of the following documents for each property: current and valid gas safety certificate, tenancy agreement, valid electrical inspection certificate and energy performance certificate.
- We'll contact you to arrange an inspection of the property within 14 working days.
- You'll then either get a certificate of accreditation or a list of works stating what works are required to bring the property up to the required standard.
Benefits of joining the Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Free online advertising of accredited properties.
- Free training, advice and support, for example training on property tax, Housing Benefit, resolving antisocial behaviour and other tenancy issues.
- Free tenancy referencing - this only refers to people that have formerly been tenants of Rochdale Boroughwide Housing.
- Landlords can use the accreditation logo to show the property meets the required standard.
- Free discretionary small works grant to help bring the required work to standards. This will be discussed with you after inspection of the property.
Houses in multiple occupation
Landlords with a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) will need to apply for a licence. A
HMO is a single property with several tenants within it.