What is a Health Trainer?
A Health Trainer is someone who lives in your local community and understands the issues you may face in trying to change to a healthy lifestyle. They will take time to listen to you and can offer you support and encouragement. A Health Trainer can help you achieve big differences through small and realistic steps.
What can a Health Trainer do for me?
- Help you to eat healthier
- Help you to get more active
- Help you to feel more confident
- Help you to quit smoking
- Help you to drink sensibly
- Help you to feel happier and healthier
- Help you to access local services and support
What happens on my first meeting?
During the first meeting with your Health Trainer, you will be able to talk about the kind of support you’re looking for. Together, you’ll agree on a number of personal health goals and how best to achieve them. Everything that is discussed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
How often can I see my Health Trainer?
You can have as many as six sessions with your Health Trainer, face-to-face or over the phone. They will support and encourage you all the way, over a 12 week period.
What do other people say about Health Trainers?
Here are a few quotes from local people who have used the service:
- “Words can’t thank you enough.You have been a very trustful friend. Look after this plant as you looked after me”. Alison, Middleton
- “My opinion is that the Health Trainer Service is very good at motivating people by giving them a ‘kick start’ in their quest for a healthier lifestyle”. Joan, Middleton
- “Thank you so much for all your help, support and motivation to help me to lose weight. I was going through a bad time! But you were there to listen and understand me”. Marie, Rochdale
- “Thanks for everything, couldn’t have done it without you!” Roxana and Farzana, Rochdale
How do I contact a local Health Trainer?
You can call a Health Trainer working in your area from the following list. You can also contact our main office (see details below).
|Health Trainer||Mobile Number||Geographical Coverage|
|Jane Atkinson||07580 876566||Rochdale|
|Jill Ashworth||07773 078201||The Cray, Cloverhall & Bellshill, Smallbridge, Birchview, Heywood|
|Mike Fishwick||07580 876564||Borough-wide, Syke|
|Adele Greenwood||07773 078290||The Cray, Cloverhall & Bellshill, Smallbridge, Birchview, Greave & Brotherod|
|Sohail Mohammed||07773 078469||Kirkholt, Turfhill & Newbold|
|Aliya Shah||07773 078460||Central Rochdale, Milkstone & Deeplish|
|Ade Okege||07580 876549||Middleton|
|Yasmin Akhtar||07773 078442||Central Rochdale, Sparth & Brimrod|
|Diane Rhodes||07773 068504||Middleton|
|Sabia Begum||07773 078402||Central Rochdale & Wardle|