Each year, the sitting Mayor of Rochdale raises thousands of pounds for local charitable causes through collections and organised events such as the Mayor’s Ball. These charities change each year as every mayor can choose the particular causes which are close or important to them.
All the money they raise is collected and distributed at the end of their mayoral year.
Mayor's Charity Quiz
Tickets: £1 each
Closing date: 11.55pm on Monday, 22 March 2021
Winners to be announced: by the end of March 2021
Each year, the sitting Mayor of Rochdale raises thousands of pounds for local charitable causes through collections and organised event including the annual quiz.
With 100 questions to test your knowledge you can take part online.
All proceeds to go to the Mayor's charities, and there are prizes to be won:
- 1st prize is £80
- 2nd prize is £40
- 3rd prize is £20
Take part in the Mayor's Charity Quiz:
- Purchase an online ticket.
- You'll receive a receipt by email.
- Access the quiz.
- Submit the quiz online.
Quiz terms and conditions:
- You must not post the clues on Answerbank and similar sites asking other people to feed in the answers.
- The prizes will be awarded for the entrant with the most correct answers.
- In the event of a tie, lots will be drawn to decide the winner,.
- The winner will be notified by the end of March 2021.
- Entries can only be accepted on the office form.
- In case of dispute the adjudicators decision is final.
A list of charities the mayor is raising funds for
Councillor Billy Sheerin, supported by the Mayoress, Mrs Lynn Sheerin, will be raising funds for:
Springhill Hospice - a 16-bedded purpose-built facility offering specialist palliative care to patients and their families from diagnosis to end-of-life.
Parkinson's UK driving better care, treatments and quality of life.
Leukaemia UK - passionate about improving the wellbeing of people living with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and other blood disorders.
Hydro Pool - a campaign to raise money to bring Hydrotherapy to Castleton Health and Leisure Centre
- provides manual powered wheelchairs, powered scooters and volunteer escorts to help people with limited mobility shop in Rochdale.
- M6 Theatre - one of the country's leading theatre companies.
- Other local charities and groups.
How to make a donation
All donations are gratefully received and will go to these fantastic local causes.
Pay by BACS or bank transfer:
Barclays Bank Rochdale Branch
Account Number: 13714489
Sort code: 20-7267
Pay by cheque: make cheques payable to The Mayor's Charity. You can drop them off at the Rochdale Town Hall or post to:
The Mayor's Office
Rochdale Town Hall
Rochdale OL16 1AB.
How to join the committee of volunteers
The mayoral year is a busy one and doesn’t leave much time to organise all the fundraising events. Each mayor chooses a committee of volunteers who help with the organisation and running of all the fundraisers.
If you’d like to join the committee, register your interest with the Mayoral office.