Rochdale Christmas Market
1pm-5.30pm, Rochdale Town Hall
Wrap up warm, drink steaming hot drinks and find unique gifts for your loved ones. Enjoy festive music while you browse as Wardle Community Band and Rochdale Music Service take to the stage.
Stalls and food available inside Rochdale Town Hall
Mouth-watering food, drinks and gifts with beautiful stalls in the magnificent setting of the Great Hall including:
Christmas cards and gift wrapping stalls
CC Crafting Treasures - fairy accessories, Christmas Eve boxes, baubles, gift tags, cards and gifts
Chicadee Crafts - Santa sacks, stockings and Christmas cards
Crafty Cards - beautiful handmade Christmas cards, bags, stockings, tree skirts, cup cosies, bowl cosies and more.
Occasionally - Christmas cards, decorations and gifts
Body and skincare stalls
Aroma - bespoke hand-poured candles, bath and beauty products - all environmentally friendly
Avon Cosmetics - Christmas hampers by Avon
- Bubble Yum Bath Time Fun - bath bombs
Nicky's Raynbow Beauty - Body Shop cosmetics
- Sharon Hodgkinson - bath bombs
Toys and books stalls
- Kidz n gifts - toys and custom mini figures
Usbourne Books - children's books
- Zebracorn - slime making lessons, pre-made slime and novelty squishy toys
Christmas decoration stalls
- Christine Robinson - Christmas place settings, garlands, wreaths and novelties
The Paper Concept - environmentally friendly decorations and party supplies
Clothing, home and accessory stalls
The Christmas Cafe will be in the Large Exchange in the town hall.
Delicious fresh sandwiches, served warm with balsamic dressed rocked leaves.
- Brie and sticky fig baguette - £4
- Maple-glazed bacon and egg brioche - £4
- Turkey, bacon and horseradish baguette - £4
- Vegan falafel and hummus brioche - £4
A selection of warm seasonal dishes, made on-site and available to take away
- Lightly spiced parsnip and bramley apple soup - £3
- Red Leicester and caramelised onion soufflé - £6
- Saffron and parmesan arancini - £5
- Individual shortcrust pastry pies - £5
Individual mixed platters
A platter for one, served with balsamic dressed rocket, chutney and crusty baguette.
- Meat platter - £6
- Cheese platter - £6
Treat yourself to one of our tasty festive treats, all made by hand.
- Warm mince pie - £2
- Chocolate and Baileys bread and butter pudding - £4
- Christmas pudding cheesecake - £4
- Assorted festive cakes - £3
- Snowman biscuits - £1.50
A range of drinks, perfect whether you want something refreshing or something to warm you up.
- Fresh tea or coffee - £1.50
- Brandy or whisky coffee - £4
- Hot chocolate - £3
- Luxury hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows - £3.50
- Baileys hot chocolate - £5
- Cold soft drinks cans - £1
- Bottled water - £1
- Mulled wine (125ml) - £3
- House wine (125ml) - £3
- Bottled beers (Peroni, Corona or Budweiser) - £4
- Bottled ciders (strawberry and lime or wild berry) - £4.50
- Gordon's gin and tonic - £4.50
Food and drink outside Rochdale Town Hall
Outside the town hall there will also be tasty food and drink, including:
- Casa Rustica - handmade pizzas fresh from the oven
- Greek Street Food - made to order on the griddle
- The Flying Horse - delicious festive drinks
- The Traditional Fish and Chip Company - fish and chips, pies, sausages, curry and soft drinks
- Quirky Catering - festive fayre
Lights switch on
4.30pm, Rochdale Town Hall
As darkness falls the party will start outside the town hall, with Fat Cat Brass entertaining you with their own fabulous style of music and fun and an outdoor illuminated performance by our very own Skylight Circus. Look out for The Winter Fairy, Winter Wonderland Birds, Jacks of Frost and The Luminas who will enchant people of all ages with sparkle and grace.
At 5pm we'll introduce our special guests onto the town hall balcony for the big switch-on at 5pm to officially begin the festive season. There are many restaurants you can enjoy in Rochdale Town Centre after the lights switch on. View more information on the restaurants tab.
Other Christmas switch-on events across the borough: