Coronavirus (COVID-19): national Freedom Programme
You can access a national version of The Freedom Programme which is open to women across the whole of the UK. There will be one online session each week hosted on Zoom. More weekly sessions may be added if needed.
To join the national programme:
- Please email
email@example.com to ask to join.
- They will send you a form which you'll need to complete and send back for approval.
- If approved, you should receive the full instructions on how to access the programme online, including dates and times available.
The Freedom Programme is a confidential 12-week programme for women who want to learn more about domestic abuse. It aims to:
- Help you identify abusive behaviours and beliefs held by abusers
- Help you gain self-esteem and confidence
- Show you how domestic abuse affects children
- Help you recognise future abusers
Who can attend the Freedom Programme?
Any woman who lives in the borough can attend the Freedom Programme. The sessions are FREE and confidential.
What happens during the Freedom Programme sessions?
During the sessions, you'll:
- Take part in discussions and activities addressing domestic abuse
- Be able to join in as much as you want
- Get lots of peer support
- Make friends
- Become more confident and assertive
- Receive a book named 'The Dominator' which you can take home if appropriate for you
Each session has 2 facilitators who are fully trained and have a deep understanding of the issues around domestic abuse.