Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support

Welfare reform

Popular services in this section

Claim benefits icon

Claim benefits

Check how much benefit you're entitled to before making a claim. You might be entitled to more than you think.

Report changes icon

Report changes

You must tell us if there's any change to the information you've told us, eg moved address.

changes icon

Benefit changes

Find out about benefit changes and if they affect you.

Local Housing Allowance icon

Local Housing Allowance

Find out the maximum amount we'll pay if you rent from a private landlord.

Additional help with housing
costs  icon

Additional help with housing costs 

You may be able to get a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) if your Housing Benefit doesn't cover all of your rent and you are having difficulty paying the shortfall.

More services

Report fraud icon

Report fraud

If you think someone is committing fraud report it.

Appeal a benefits decision icon

Appeal a benefits decision

If you think our decision is wrong you have the right to appeal a decision about a benefit claim.

Backdating Housing Benefit icon

Backdating Housing Benefit

Claims for Housing Benefit can sometimes be backdated to start from an earlier date. Find out how to request a backdated claim. 

Housing Benefit and landlords icon

Housing Benefit and landlords

Access information for landlords about Housing Benefit. 

Overpaid Housing Benefit icon

Overpaid Housing Benefit

Find what to do if you've been overpaid Housing Benefit.  

Forms for benefits, discounts and exemptions icon

Forms for benefits, discounts and exemptions

Find the relevant form to make a claim.