Skip to main content Skip to accessibility

Additional help with housing costs

​​Discretionary Housing Payment

You may be entitled to a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) if you don't get full Housing Benefit and you're still paying something towards your rent.

If you think you may qualify for extra help, you must complete a DHP application form. To qualify we'll look at your income and expenditure and award you a payment if we believe you need further help to pay your housing costs. We won't be able to pay you to cover the cost of things included in your rent, like fuel, water or food charges.

Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment

You can get advice from organisations such as the Citizens Advice Bur​eau.

Need to rent but can't afford the deposit?

Find out how the Bond Board can help. A Bond is a written guarantee that takes place of a cash deposit. It will pay the landlord if there are rent arrears or damage at the end of a tenancy.

Help with a cash deposit


0300 303 8870

Postal address
Revenues and Benefits Service
PO Box 490
Rochdale OL16 9AJ