Last updated: Tuesday, 14 August 2018
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
The Youth Service provides and supports a range of social and educational opportunities that will encourage young people to learn throughout their lives, make positive choices and achieve their potential as individuals, members of their community and members of society.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Address and contact details including email address
- Age and date of birth
- Marital status
- Employment data
- Health or medical records including disabilities
- Ethnicity or nationality
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Promote the services we provide
- Provide leisure and cultural services
- Conduct surveys or reviews
- Prevent and prosecute crime
- Provide support and guidance to young people
- Safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- Manage complaints and allegations
- Provide employment, education and training advice and support
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to provide a youth service. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- Childcare Act 2006
- Education Act 2006
- Children Act 1989
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For a public task or statutory function
- The consent of the individual
- Substantial public interest
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Partner agencies
- Service providers
- Courts and tribunals
- Law enforcement and prosecuting agencies
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 6 years from the date of collection, or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.