Last updated: Monday, 13 August 2018
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
Employees and foster carers have access to e-learning resources, enabling you to update your learning and build on your own development. Courses include:
- Cultural Awareness in Safeguarding
- Safeguarding Children in Rochdale
- Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene
- Record and Report Writing for Foster Carers
We are responsible for monitoring the record of attendance of training. We put the information on a database relating to employees and adoptive and foster carers.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Contact details including email address
- Employment data
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Support and manage employees
- Support and manage volunteers
- Conduct surveys or reviews
- Enable corporate administration
- Safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- Provide employment, education and training advice and support
- Undertake investigations and audits
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to monitor training records. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For public tasks or statutory functions
- Legitimate interests
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Ombudsman and regulatory bodies
- Training providers
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 6 years from the date of collection, or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.