Last updated: Thursday, 9 August 2018
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
We offer locations and services covering various personal ceremonies including weddings, civil partnerships and the renewal of vows.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Age and date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- National Insurance number
- Passport number
- Financial Information such as bank details
- Health Information such as disabilities
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Provide a service for the registration of marriages and partnerships
- Administer the collection of payments
- Process applications or requests
- Manage complaints or allegations
- Prevent and prosecute crime or fraud
- Undertake investigations or audits
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to provide a service for the registration of marriages and civil partnerships. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- Registration Service Act 1953
- Gender Recognition Register (marriage and Civil Partnership) Regulations 2015
- Registration of Marriages Regulations 2015
- Civil Partnerships Act 2004
- Referral of Proposed Marriages and Civil Partnerships Regulations 2015
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For a public task or statutory function
- Necessary for performance of a contract
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Regulatory or licensing authorities
- Law enforcement and prosecuting agencies
- Other public bodies and authorities
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 6 years from the date of collection, or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.