Last updated: Thursday, 9 August 2018
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
We deliver specialist stop smoking support in line with The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) evidence and guidelines. We're also responsible for training stop smoking advisors in other settings. We are expected to embed effective pathways with the maternity service so that pregnant women can be supported to quit smoking.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Address and contact details including email address
- Age and date of birth
- Marital status
- Health or medical records including disabilities
- Ethnicity or nationality
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Promote the services we provide
- Carry out health and public awareness campaigns
- Provide services focussed on family health
- Inform public health initiatives
- Undertake investigations and audits
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to focus on improving health. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- National Health Service Act 2006
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For a public task or statutory function
- For performance of a contract
- Where there is substantial public interest
- Public Interest (Public Health)
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Other public bodies and authorities
- Training providers
- Healthcare organisations such as pharmacies
- Partner agencies
- Service providers
- Affected parties
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 6 years from the date of collection, or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.