Last updated: Tuesday, 14 August 2018
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government or working for other employers participating in the scheme.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Address and contact details including email address
- Age and date of birth
- Marital status
- Identifiers such as National Insurance number, passport number, driving licence number, vehicle registration number
- Employment data
- Financial information such as bank details
- Health or medical records including disabilities
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Support and manage employees and volunteers
- Administer the collection or payment of taxes, benefits and other revenues
- Undertake investigations and audits
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to provide a pension scheme. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- Sections 7, 9, 11 and 12 of the Superannuation Act 1972
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For a public task or statutory function
- For performance of a contract
- To comply with employment, social security or social protection law
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Affected parties
- Council departments
- Other public bodies or authorities such as Local Government Pension Scheme
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 100 years from the date of collection, or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.