Last updated: Monday, 13 August 2018
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
We liaise with the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) to help investigations into complaints us which have been submitted to the LGO.
When complaints are submitted about us they go to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO). LGO are the final stage for complaints about not only us but all adult social care providers including care homes and home care agencies.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Age and date of birth
- Telephone number
- Political opinion
- Criminal and offending data
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
- Service users
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Support and manage employees
- Conduct surveys or reviews
- Undertake licensing and regulatory activity
- Prevent and prosecute crime
- Enforce regulatory powers
- Manage complaints and allegations
- Aid with monitoring and reporting
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to cooperate with the Local Government Ombudsman. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Act 2003
- Children Act 1989
- Children Act 1989
- Social Services Complaints Procedure (Wales) Regulations 2014
- Local Authority Social Services and National Health Service Complaints (England) Regulations 2009
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For public tasks or statutory functions
- For employment, social security or social protection law
- For legal proceedings such as obtaining advice and defending legal rights
- Substantial public interest
- For health and social care purposes
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Law enforcement and prosecuting agencies
- Ombudsman and regulatory bodies
- Partner agencies
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 10 years the date of collection, or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.