Last updated: Friday, 10 August, 2018
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
MyAccount is an online customer account. It's a faster, safer and more flexible way to access our services. We launched the site in March 2016 and are regularly updating it with new services.
It allows our customers and residents to report and request council services. Currently, MyAccount provides e-forms for customers to report or request services e.g. missed bin collection, fly-tipping, bulky waste removal, new bin requests. It also allows access to our Capita Connect system which allows the customer to manage revenues and benefits accounts such as Council Tax, Business Rates and their existing benefits.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Address and contact details including email address
- Identifiers such as National Insurance number, passport number, driving licence number and vehicle registration number
- Financial information such as bank details
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Promote the services we provide
- Conduct surveys or reviews
- Administer the collection or payment of taxes, benefits and other revenues
- Conduct corporate administration
- Provide commercial services
- Provide non-commercial services
- Manage complaints and allegations
- Process applications, requests and appeals
- Undertake investigations and audits
Why we use your personal information
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- Explicit consent of the individual
- Legitimate interests
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Service providers such as Orchard
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
There is no minimum legal time limit for how long this service needs to store your information so we will only keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide the service you have asked us for.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.