Last updated: Financial Processing Privacy Notice
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
We are responsible for making payments to customers, employees and suppliers. In order to do this we need to collect personal information.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Address and contact details including email address
- Employment data
- Financial information such as bank details
- Basic details of service provided
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
- Business owners
- Service users
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Administer the collection or payment of taxes, benefits and other revenues
- Detect and prevent fraud, and data matching including the National Fraud Initiative
- Undertake investigations and audits
- Provide any chargeable services
Why we use your personal information
The powers to do this is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- The Local Government Act 2003
- Care Act 2014
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For a public task or statutory function
- For the performance of a contract
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Other public bodies and authorities
- Courts and tribunals
- Law enforcement and prosecuting agencies
- Ombudsman and regulatory bodies
- Partner agencies
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 6 years from the date of collection, or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.