Last updated: Tuesday, 4 September 2018
Please note: The following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
We're responsible for processing all types of feedback received via our online form, email, telephone or post including complaints and compliments. Service requests, comments, enquiries etc. are acknowledged and passed to the relevant service for processing. We also use feedback to review and improve services.
We operate an efficient complaints policy for corporate complaints and are committed to providing consistently high quality services and managing all complaints received.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Age and date of birth
- Telephone number
- Political opinion
- Criminal and offending data
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
- Business owners
- Service users
How we use personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Maintain accounts and records
- Conduct surveys and reviews
- Undertake corporate administration activities
- Manage complaints and allegations
- Process applications, requests and appeals
- Undertake investigations and audits
- Manage disciplinary actions
- Improve service provision
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to manage all types of feedback including complaints. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- The Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Act 2003
- The Children Act 1989
- Social Services Complaints Procedure (Wales) Regulations 2014
- Local Authority Social Services and National Health Service Complaints (England) Regulations 2009
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act 1998:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For public tasks or statutory functions
- Substantial public interest
- For the performance of a contract
- Legitimate interests
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from, and disclose information to, individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
- Council departments
- Other public bodies and authorities
- Ombudsman and regulatory bodies
- Partner agencies
- Service providers
- Law enforcement
- Courts and tribunals
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
Personal information collected as part of this process can be retained for a minimum of 3 years from the date of collection, or for an additional length of time as determined by our business requirements.
Where we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.