Last updated: Friday, 7 June 2019
Please note: the following notice provides additional privacy information to the
Rochdale Borough Council privacy notice.
Our contact centre provides a number of services for residents in Rochdale borough to help customers with queries or transactions with the council. These could range from Council Tax queries to missed bin collections. Agylisis operate the contact centre on our behalf.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information to make sure that we can carry out our work. The personal information we collect includes:
- Contact details including email address.
- Age and date of birth.
- Marital status.
- Identifiers, such as National Insurance Number, passport number, driving licence number, vehicle registration number.
- Attainment and educational data.
- Employment data.
- Health and medical records including disabilities.
- Financial information including bank details.
- Ethnicity and nationality.
- Crime and offending information.
- Memberships of organisations.
- Political opinions.
Who we collect personal information about
When we collect personal information it may be about:
- Customers, service users and residents.
- Families, such as parents, children and siblings.
- Business owners.
How we use personal information
We use your personal information for:
- Administering the collection or payment of taxes, benefits and other revenues.
- Adoption or fostering services.
- Crime prevention and prosecution.
- Early years childcare and education.
- Maintaining accounts and allegations.
- Processing applications, requests and appeals.
- Promoting the services we provide.
- Research and business planning.
Why we use your personal information
We're required by law to provide a fair and transparent service to all of our residents. This is detailed in legislation and guidance including:
- 6 (1) (a) consent of the individual
- 6 (1) (b) necessary for performance of a contract
- 6 (1) (c) necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- 6 (1) (d) vital interests (life and death)
- 6 (1) (e) public task or statutory function
- 6 (1) (f) legitimate interest
We're allowed to process personal and sensitive data for the following reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Articles and the Data Protection Act:
- With explicit consent of the individual.
- For legal proceedings, obtaining advice and defending rights.
- For substantial public interest.
Who we share your personal information with
We collect information from and disclose information to individuals and organisations that can support our work including:
When we make an automated decision about your personal information
This service doesn't make any decisions using computers or programmes that don't involve a human being when using your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep personal information collected as part of this process for a minimum of 2 to 7 years from the date of collection or for an additional length of time if necessary.
When we transfer your personal information beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
This service doesn't transfer your information outside the EEA.
We do not routinely share data with any organisation outside the UK, but our website is available across the internet and we communicate with applicants and stakeholders wherever they are.