The Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) is a 5 year plan which sets out our commitment to provide services that meet the needs of people locally, and represents good value for money.
The MTFS links our council vision and priorities with forecasted resources and budgets. This shows how our finances will be structured and managed to ensure they support our priorities, and those of our partners. The strategy considers:
- International and national economic influences
- The influence of central government policy and strategy
- Local factors which influence policy within the council, including the commitment to regenerate the borough and create jobs
- Key council policy areas
The strategy brings together the key issues affecting the:
- Revenue budget
- Capital strategy and capital programme
- Treasury management strategy
A key part of the strategy is to highlight the budget issues that will need to be addressed over the coming financial years.