If the council communicates its vision effectively it can build trust, change the way people think about the place and the organisation, influence behaviours and bring about positive change.
The communications strategy sets out our plans from 2017-2020. It includes sections on:
- Our local priorities
- Borough branding - selling the place
- Greater Manchester, devolution and the Northern Powerhouse
- Where are we now and how we measure it?
- How are we doing?
- Communication principles
- Media relations - getting our side of the story across
- Social media
- Digital communications
- Internal communications - creating an army of ambassadors
- Council branding, borough branding and enforcing standards
- Style guide