The following strategy is the latest alcohol strategy for
the borough and sets the context in which all agencies will work to
address the problems associated with alcohol use.
This boroughwide strategy aims to reduce alcohol related harm
- Reducing alcohol-related poor heath and mortality.
- Ensuring high quality, evidence-based treatment is provided to
help all who misuse alcohol successfully engage in treatment and
recover from their dependency.
- Reducing alcohol-related crime and disorder.
- Preventing, protecting and discouraging our young people from
- Promoting a sensible driving culture throughout the borough,
which is everyone's responsibility to encourage.
Boroughwide alcohol ban
A boroughwide alcohol ban operates in
Rochdale. This means that you cannot consume alcohol on the streets
or you may be required to cease and surrender alcohol in your
possession. Failure to comply is an arrestable offence with a
maximum fine of £500.
How to get help for substance misuse
There's lots of help available in the Rochdale borough for drug and alcohol users.