Adult Care works to achieve the following outcomes, which are based on the national set of Adult Care outcomes:
- Promoting independence, reducing the need for ongoing support.
- Increasing choice and control for people eligible for care and support.
- Improving quality of life experienced by people receiving services and carers.
- Safeguarding adults whose circumstances make them vulnerable.
- Achieving best use of resources.
The directorate plan contains actions that we will take, and improvements we intend to make, to
achieve these outcomes.