We are committed to supporting and delivering the following
strategies in order to achieved home energy conservation:
- The Affordable Warmth Strategy
(2006-2013) which aims to reduce fuel poverty and improve
energy efficiency of homes in Rochdale.
- The Sustainable Community Strategy
(2011-2021) which identifies areas for improvement across
the borough, including carbon reduction.
- Climate Local – Leaders of Greater Manchester's 10
authorities agreed to sign up to Climate Local in July 2012. It was
signed on behalf of Greater Manchester by the Chairs of AGMA and
its Environment Commission in August 2012.
In turn, our local strategies will contribute towards regional
ambitions such as:
- The GM Climate Change Strategy which aims to reduce carbon
emissions by 48% across Greater Manchester by 2020 based on 1990
- The Greater Manchester Green Deal (GD) Model which will be
implemented from April 2014 and aims to deliver Green Deal to
15,000 homes across GM by 2015.
- The (Draft) GM Retrofit Strategy aims that all housing stock in
Greater Manchester will achieve an EPC rating of B, and 17kg CO2
per m2, by 2035. The 10% remaining homes will achieve a minimum of
EPC C rating by 2035.