Following consultation school admission arrangements have been agreed for September 2015 for Rochdale borough community and voluntary controlled schools.
What is the admission criteria?
For community and voluntary controlled schools we allocate places in the following order:
Where a child has a statement of Special Educational Needs naming a specific school, the child will be allocated a place before any other places are allocated.
The remaining applications are considered in the following order of priority:
- Children in the Care of a Local Authority.
- Children with exceptional medical needs or exceptional welfare considerations which are directly relevant to the school concerned.
- Children with older siblings attending the school.
- Children with church affiliation, only applicable to Voluntary Controlled Church of England Schools.
- Proximity, where you live.
Details of the criteria, how they are applied and to which schools they apply to:
Contact the relevant school or access their website for admission policies for voluntary aided, foundation and academy schools.
Cabinet's decision (90kb pdf)
Make a complaint
If you're not happy with our decision you can make an objection to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator; you'll need to do this by 30 June 2015.
Annual report to the Adjudicator
Rochdale Local Authority Report to the Adjudicator, 30 June 2016 (284kb pdf)