The purpose of a Carers Assessment
- Establish whether or not the caring role is sustainable.
- Establish whether or not a carer is eligible for support.
- Look at the support needs of the carer and how these may be
- Allow carers to identify their own desired outcomes.
- Determine what would assist a carer in looking after their own
- Look at what services, if any, are to be provided by Adult Care
for the carer or the person they care for.
The Carers Support Plan
- The agreed action following the assessment.
- Who's responsible.
- The timescales for this action.
Information for carers
- You have the right to talk to your worker in
private, or may talk to them separately from the person you care
for, or you may talk to a different worker.
- You have the right to have a relative,
friend or advocate with you.
- It is up to you what you tell the worker,
but it will help us to know about the effect caring is having on
your life so that we can provide the help you need.
The Carers Assessment and Support Plan is under
How to join The Carers' Resource
If you're a carer and want to join The Carers' Resource, you can
refer yourself by calling us to arrange a meeting. At the meeting
you can talk to us about anything you need advice on.