Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Complaints - social care services

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​If we do something that you're not happy with, you have a right to complain. All complaints are treated seriously, and we will do our best to sort out whatever problem or concerns you may have. This helps us to make sure that we provide the best possible service to you.​

Who can make a complaint?

You can make a complaint about any service that we provide. Your carer or someone acting on your behalf can also make a complaint on your behalf.

How to complain about social care services

  • If possible, talk to the member of staff or team you already have contact with and let them know what you are unhappy with and the reasons why. We may be able to resolve the problem there and then.
  • If you don't want to talk to the team or staff member you usually deal with, you can ask to speak to or write to a manager. If you do ask for a meeting, you can take a friend, relative or advocate along with you to help you make your complaint. If you're not happy with the response, you can ask for your concerns to be looked at as a formal complaint.
  • You can make a formal complaint through the service you have been dealing with, or direct to the Customer Feedback Team. We'll discuss your complaint with you and let you know what will happen next. You can contact the Customer Feedback Team at any time during your complaint. 
  • You can also contact your local councillor, your MP, or the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGO).


All complaints are recorded so that we can use the information to make sure we are learning lessons and improving services. We want to hear your views and for you to be confident in sharing them. The nature and content of your complaint will be dealt with in strict confidence and will not be disclosed to anyone who does not need to know. 

Other systems for dealing with complaints

Some complaints may be covered by different legislation or local authority system and you may need advice to find the right way to complain. You can get this advice through your Social Care Service officer, your care home or resource centre, or the Customer Feedback Team.

Complaints about residential services, some day care services for adults and some foster care services (including complaints from foster carers) can also be made to the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Complaints about day care services for children can be made to Ofsted. The Customer Feedback Team can tell you more about this.

Some decisions are made in court, so you will need to discuss these with a solicitor to decide whether you wish to make an appeal.


01706 647474​

Phone: Monday-Friday: 8.30am-5pm.

​Adult Care Services or Children's Social Care
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU

01706 923537

Phone: Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.45pm.

Customer Feedback Team
Floor 2
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU