Work experience can offer a range of benefits and opportunities to young people including:
- Gain first hand experience of working and working conditions.
- See how people relate to one another in the workplace
- Help make informed choices about career plans.
- Prepare for entering the job market.
We believe that work experience should be:
- Part of the learning entitlement for all students in maintained schools and made equally available to all, irrespective of academic ability, race or gender.
- Seen as a means of achieving learning outcomes for students which are part of a broad, balanced and integrated curriculum.
- Viewed as a key aspect of the schools’ work related learning programme, careers education and guidance and personal and social development programme.
- Clearly linked to the student’s learning objectives.
How do I setup a work experience placement?
Contact your school first if you're interested in work experience.