Work experience can offer a range of benefits and opportunities
to young people including:
- Gain first hand experience of working and working
- See how people relate to one another in the workplace
- Help make informed choices about career plans.
- Prepare for entering the job
We believe that work experience should be:
- Part of the learning entitlement for all students
in maintained schools and made equally available to all,
irrespective of academic ability, race or gender.
- Seen as a means of achieving learning outcomes for students
which are part of a broad, balanced and integrated curriculum.
- Viewed as a key aspect of the schools’ work related
learning programme, careers education and guidance and personal and
social development programme.
- Clearly linked to the student’s learning objectives.
How do I setup a work experience placement?
If you are interested in work experience you should
contact your school first.
You may have already done some work experience while you were at
school, but doing a voluntary placement can be even more useful if
you are at sixth form, college or university.