Although fostering is very rewarding, there’ll be times when you find the role challenging and you may face difficult and upsetting circumstances.
Don’t worry - you’ll not be on your own. We'll be with you every step of the way.
There is an excellent support system for our foster carers to ensure you can get all the help, training and advice when you need it.
What help you'll get
- A social worker who'll support you throughout your whole fostering career.
- Support groups with other foster carers, meeting at locations across the borough.
- For your own children we also have support groups and activities during some of the school holidays.
- An invitation to an annual celebration event to recognise the hard work you carry out for the children of Rochdale.
- Support from child psychologists in meeting the specific needs of children in your care.
- Support from a specialist nurse who oversees the health needs of all children cared for in the Rochdale borough.
- Support from education services through the 'virtual headteacher' of Rochdale. The virtual headteacher oversees the education of all Rochdale cared for children.
How do I apply for support and training?
Complete the short enquiry form and ask us about support and training when we contact you.