Holiday clubs are run throughout the borough during school
Places can be limited and it’s recommended to book in
- Holiday clubs can be run by us, by individuals or by a
- Usually sessions are for a full or half day.
A Holiday club might be for you if
- You need affordable childcare during school holidays.
Most childcare providers caring for children aged under 8 must be registered with Ofsted.
Normally maintained and independent schools and academies that want
to provide holiday clubs for children aged 3 and over -
where at least 1 child is also a pupil of the school - don't need a
separate Ofsted registration.
- Ofsted doesn't make a judgement about the quality of the care
- If the holiday club is also registered on the Early Years
Register, the inspection also evaluates and reports on the quality
and standards of the early years provision.
How do I know if they are Ofsted registered?
- The registered person must display their certificate of
registration at the premises where the childcare is
- Every registered setting has a Unique Reference Number (URN),
beginning with EY if they are registered on the Early Years
- If the holiday club is operated by a school, you can check the
school’s inspection report.
Go to the Ofsted site and enter the URN to search for their