When choosing childcare you need to decide what works best for you and your child.
Factors you should consider include:
- Your child's age
- Schooling arrangements for any siblings (location, finish times)
- Your family's jobs and study (flexibility, location and travel times)
- Any support you have from family and friends.
- Your financial situation (remember you may be able to get help with childcare costs)
A combination of childcare services may suit you best.
Types of childcare
Complaining about a childcare provider
If you have a complaint about a childcare provider:
- Discuss your concerns with them directly.
- If the issue cannot be resolved make a formal complaint in writing.
Contact Ofsted, if your complaint is not resolved.
Contact the Child Protection team if you think a child is at risk of harm from a childcare provider.
If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.
If you are contacting Ofsted, have the details of the complaint, who you spoke to, relevant dates and any actions taken by the provider.