Childminders look after children between the ages of 0-16 in their own home. There are approximately 200 in the Rochdale borough, some are currently registered to deliver early education for 2, 3 and 4 year-olds.
Most work from 8am to 6pm but are usually flexible, some offer weekends, overnight and emergency care.
A childminder might be for you if
- You need flexible care because of irregular work hours which don't fit with a 8am-6pm nursery day.
- You want your child to be cared for in a family home.
- You want your child to have one carer.
- You have children of different ages and it's important they're cared for together.
- Mixing with large groups of children isn't a priority right now.
Ofsted regularly inspects all childminders, to assess their strengths and highlight areas for improvement.
- Every childminder has a URN (Unique Reference Number).
Go to the Ofsted site and enter the URN to search for their report.