Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Help with childcare costs

​​​​​Childcare can be expensive but help is available:

Tax Credits information

Help for students with children

  • Care to Lea​rn -  if you're under 20, a parent and studying a course, this scheme can help pay for your childcare and travel costs up to £160 a week.
  • Discretionary L​​earner Support - if you’re aged 19 or over, on a further education course and facing financial hardship, you could get Discretionary Learner Support (DLS).
  • Childcare Grant - you may be eligible for help with your learning costs if you are a full-time higher education student and have children under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs.
  • Parent's Learni​​ng Allowance - you may be eligible for help with your learning costs if you’re a full-time student with children. How much you get depends on your household income.

Related pages


01706 719900

Phone: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm.
Closed for training Monday 11am-11.30am.

Family Information Service
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU