Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Notification of Cared for Children placed or discharged

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Arrangements for placement of children – Children’s Homes and Looked After Children (Miscellaneous Amendment) (England) Regulations 2103

Statutory notifications of children placed in Rochdale in accordance with Children’s Act 1989

If you make changes to the care of a child who is in an out of borough placement, you must inform the local authority the child has come from. ​You must also inform the education service and the relevant Health Trust.

We maintain a register of all Looked After Children and children placed in the Rochdale borough.

Children's homes

The manager of a children’s home must notify without delay the area local authority (if different from the placing authority) of the admission to/discharge from the home of any child.

See the links below for the services available in Rochdale for Looked after Children and to complete the placement/removal form.

Related pages


0300 303 0440

Phone: Monday-Friday 8.45am-4.45pm.

Children's Social Care
Floor 4, Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU

0300 303 8875

Out of hours emergencies
Monday 11am-11.30am
Monday-Friday 5.30pm-8.30am
Anytime weekends and bank holidays