Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Contaminated land - information for developers

​​If you're the owner or developer of a site it's your responsibility to investigate and address land contamination issues and ensure that any future development is safe and suitable for use.

If you think land may be contaminated

You'll need to appoint qualified, experienced and competent environmental consultants at the earliest opportunity who can investigate and address contamination issues on your behalf and advise on all legislative obligations.

You can find consultants in the Yellow Pages, Ends Dire​ctory or by searching the int​ernet.

You'll need to apply for planning permission to develop on the land, which will be subject to further review and conditions.


0300 303 8871

Phone: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm.
Closed for training Monday 11am-11.30am.

Public Protection Service​​
Number One Riversid​e​
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU