Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Bowlee car boot sale and market update
Hand santisers will be provided.
If it's time for a de-clutter, you can easily offload your unwanted possessions in exchange for cash, or explore and bag yourself a bargain. There's a huge range of goods available at one of Greater Manchester's most popular outdoor car boot events.
Because it's run by us, you can be sure we've done all the right checks so you know you're buying and selling in a legal, safe environment.
Watch video on YouTube (42 secs)
2021 car boot sale dates
- Sunday, 12 September 2021
- Sunday, 19 September 2021
- Sunday, 26 September 2021
- Sunday, 3 October 2021 – to be confirmed
- Sunday, 10 October 2021 – to be confirmed
Check for cancellations and keep up-to-date
We want the day to be a great experience for both buyers and sellers so we keep a close eye on the weather. In the event of a poor forecast we'll cancel on the evening before the sale. If bad weather is forecast, we’ll aim to announce the cancellation by 6pm the day before.
If you're selling
No need to book. Just turn up and pay at the gate. Prices for selling:
Estate vehicles, small vans, people carriers, 4x4s: £20
Large transit van upwards: £25
We do let sellers onto the site before the buyers and we allow as much time as we can before letting buyers enter the site. However, when the event is very busy we need to reduce congestion and queues by allowing vehicles into the buyers' car park.
Please note, sellers must take all their rubbish home when leaving the site.
- There's a drop-off and pick-up point for buyers near the entrance to speed up access.
- Discounted parking passes will be available for our 2022 season for regular buyers. These should be available on-site from March 2022. Unfortunately discounted parking passes are not be available for the 2021 season.
Get in touch
If you can’t find the answer to your question, or if you’ve got an idea or would like to give us feedback about the event, email
email@example.com or call 0300 303 8884.
Events and activities are not organised by Rochdale Borough Council unless stated otherwise. Neither is Rochdale Borough Council responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. If you are under 18, ask your parent/guardian before taking part in any event or activity.